Step One

Complete the personal application file. The following items are required before an evaluation for acceptance can be conducted:

  • Application Form
  • Application Fee of $30 – this fee is waived if the application is done online.
  • Personal Statement, as instructed.
  • Completed Health Form.
  • Official Academic Transcripts
  • An academic evaluation by a reputable accrediting agency, for each transcript from a school outside of the United States. (Information regarding 2 such agencies is attached)
  • Two general references, as instructed.
  • TOEFL score report (if necessary).

The applicant will be notified after the evaluation has been completed, as to whether he/she has been provisionally accepted to attend Palmer Theological Seminary.

Step Two

After provisional acceptance is granted, adequate documentation of finances is required. The following form is used to certify that the applicant has sufficient economic resources to pay for the entire degree program. This form is considered an official financial affidavit which must be notarized with the stamp or seal of an appropriate official. In the United States this is accomplished by a notary public.

  • Statement of Support

Even if the applicant is unable to contribute any money, he/she must fill out this form. Each sponsor must fill out a separate form (individuals or agencies such as a denomination or church). When a provisionally accepted applicant has demonstrated adequate economic resources, he/she will then be asked to make a deposit to cover one year’s tuition (at the international rate), and medical insurance costs.

Step Three

When this payment is received, the I-20 will be prepared and sent for the student to request an F-1 visa from the U.S. consul in their home country. The student is responsible for all fees related to the visa application process. If the student is transferring to Palmer Seminary from another U.S. institution, the transfer will be achieved in SEVIS (the required government database), and the new I-20 sent to him/her. Inquiries may be directed to